Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Attempt #1: Coworkers

So I'm trying to find out who sent me those flowers. Today, I started out with my coworkers as that seems to be the most likely pool of people. Though I am straight, I also decided to not leave women out of the equation as not all women are straight. I did also not leave out older people, even though I probably wouldn't feel the same way back, because I still want to find out who it is.

I work out Powell's which, for those of you who don't know, is a very large, multistory book store in downtown Portland. I have only now realized the pun in "multistory" and I deeply apologize. But yeah, I came in to work this morning and just sort of started hinting at things. Like, you know, saying, "Man I got this really weird present for my birthday yesterday. It was just one rose from a secret admirer, just sitting in front of my door," and trying to read their faces afterward. No dice. I then asked one of my work friends if she had heard any gossip. Any rumors. She said she heard that there was a person working there who wanted to "get dat" as she put it, but she didn't know who it was. While it's possible that it's her, I highly doubt because. Then, before I knew it, it was the end of my work day and I had to leave. No success. Better luck next time. C'est la vie. Tomorrow I'm gonna try asking around my classes at PSU and hopefully I'll dig something up. Till tomorrow, dear readers.

-Elaina

No comments:

Post a Comment